Our Public Bobsleigh Program is an activity for your ‘bucket list’! Hop into a 4-person bobsled and take an adrenaline-fueled ride down the world’s fastest track, now an Olympic legacy. With guidance from a trained bobsleigh pilot (and reassurance from our detailed safety procedures), you and your team will coast through 10 twists and turns at speeds of 125+ km/hr and feel the acceleration of up to 4 G forces as you reach the track’s final and famous Thunderbird Corner. Bobsleigh runs rain, snow or shine so it’s the perfect addition to your time in Whistler, whatever the weather.
For the most intrepid winter adventurist, launch yourself head-first down the fastest sliding track in the world. The Whistler Sliding Centre is the only place in Canada where public can experience the rush of skeleton. Participants take off from the Maple Leaf starting point, passing through six corners and clocking speeds up to 100 km/hr. You’ll get familiarized through a thorough safety orientation before taking to your own sled and experiencing a rush like no other. Skeleton runs rain, snow or shine so it’s the perfect addition to your time in Whistler, whatever the weather.
Other Items of Note
- Participants need to be 12 years or older (if you are between 12 and 13 years old you will need to ride and be positioned in front of a parent or guardian in the sled, ratio one adult for every child).
- Participants under 19 years old: You will need to have a parent or guardian present to sign your waiver when arriving at the Whistler Sliding Centre.
Government ID is required at check in. Children without ID will not be permitted to ride.
- Minimum weight for the ride is 85lbs/39kg, maximum weight is 285lbs/129kg. You will be weighed at check in. If you are outside the weight requirements, you will not be able to ride unfortunately.
- Minimum height for the ride is 4’6”/137cm, maximum height is 6’5”/196cm. Your height will be measured at check-in. If you are outside the height requirements, you will not be able to ride unfortunately.
- You need to have the physical dexterity to be able to strongly grip the sides of the bobsleigh.
- 75 years is the recommended maximum age for this activity. If you are over 75 years of age you may participate providing you can meet the physical strength and dexterity guidelines listed in this paragraph.
- For more information, read the “Know Before You Go”,
- Activity Location: Whistler Sliding Centre, 4910 Glacier Lane, Whistler BC, V0N1B4. How to get here