Rediscover your sense of adventure!
The Family-Friendly Cheakamus Splash rafting trip is a half-day fun float trip that features small splashy rapids, outstanding scenery and lots of laughs. It’s an ideal outdoor activity for families, children, seniors, and anyone looking for a gentle and fun scenic rafting adventure.
As you raft down the glacier-fed Cheakamus River between old growth forests, you’ll experience the excitement of gentle rapids and see a variety of birds, wildlife, waterfalls, and the towering peaks of the Coast Mountains in British Columbia. At the same time you’ll learn about the intriguing Squamish First Nations history, a key part of the history of the area.
Of course anytime kids get around water, you know there will be a water fight! Perfect the art of splashing others (you never know when the Splash Monster will rise out of the river!), and get a chance to cool off with a quick dip in the pure, glacier-fed, jade-tinted water.
- Activity Level: Beginners. Perfect for young families.
- Experience Level: No prior rafting experience is required.
- Check-in: Start and end at our rafting base in Squamish.
Transportation to our base from Whistler is available. Ask us for details.
- Instruction, training, and leadership from expert rafting guides.
- Rafting gear, wetsuits (optional on hot days), booties, life jackets, and helmets.
- Transportation from our rafting base in Squamish to and from the river.
- Transportation from and to Whistler to our Rafting base
- A snack (Clif Bar) and drink on the river.
- Adventure Duration: Approximately 90 minutes of rafting, plus some time getting ready at our base and busing to and from the river. We’ll be back at our base approx. 3 hours after you first arrive.
- Restrictions: Must be 5 years or older and weigh minimum 50 lbs.