Whistler Owner Services
Whistler Reception & Property Care (WRPC), have been providing Whistler Accommodation Management services to private rental owners and small property managers since 2004 at our central check-in location at the Deer lodge, Whistler Town Plaza. In 2016 we expanded our membership offering to include seasonal home services for absentee owners. We are a mature team that has lived the Whistler dream for more than a decade and we pride ourselves on providing affordable, high quality service to property owners and guests.
All membership levels include exceptional guest service prior to and during guests’ stay, and in-resort assistance to absentee owners and property managers. We specialize in the flow of communication between guests, owners, property managers, contractors and activity providers.
All our membership levels include the following standard services:
- Centrally located front desk open 12-16 hrs daily, 365 days a year
- 24hr emergency phone assistance year round
- Secure key storage & property access concierge
- Coordination with maintenance, housekeeping & other service providers on behalf of owners and guests
- Concierge & activity booking to ensure a complete vacation experience
- Secure web-based portal to maintain unit availability and reservation data, which automatically notifies housekeeping and private hot tub contractors of reservation dates
- Assistance with property setup for short or long-term rental
- Access to WRPC’s supplemental services
In Resort Contact Service
Our Bronze level of membership includes all our standard services and is ideal for those property owners who are wanting a contact within the Resort Municipality of Whistler. This level is also for clients who are seeking housekeeping or maintenance for nightly vacation rentals who are not needing guest check in services.
As an owner, the benefits of contracting an in-resort contact include:
- Peace of mind that emergencies can be dealt with promptly and efficiently
- 24hr guest service to take the pressure off always being available to your guests
- ID verification for service providers requiring access
SILVER | GOLD | PLATINUM
Guest Check in Services
In addition to our standard services WRPC provides check in services at a variety of levels to fit your guest volumes. Our membership levels that include a specified number of check ins per year are Silver (10 check ins), Gold (20 check ins) and Platinum (60 check ins). Beyond these amounts, clients are charged per check in. Our Operations Manager Samantha (link to Sam’s email) specializes in Owner Relations and can advise on the appropriate level of membership to suite your needs.
As an owner, the benefits of contracting an in-resort contact include:
- Ensuring rooms are clean and ready for check in
- Programming of swipe card, fob and code systems for guest dates of stay
- Preparation of hard keys, parking passes and garage remotes for guest pick up
- In person screening to ensure guests’ meet owner requirements
- Processing of security deposit pre-authorization
- Guest registration via paperless check-in system
- Storage of luggage for early arrivals and late departures
- Providing guests’ with complete property and resort information
Owner Direct Website Listing Management & Unlimited Guest Check In Services
Our Diamond level of membership was designed to assist busy owners who rent nightly and is perfect for the owner who wants low management expenses with some involvement with their rentals. This membership included all standard services, as well as the services listed for Silver, Gold and Platinum memberships and as a bonus – check-ins are unlimited!
Our Diamond Service includes the below listed services:
- Creation and regular maintenance of up to three listings, on your choice of owner direct websites
- Setting and updating of rates based on regular rate research within the resort
- All communication with potential and existing guests
- Entering of bookings into online portal connected to guest check in software
- Syncing and manual checks to ensure correct availability across all owner direct websites and the online portal
- Preparation of monthly Owner statement includes payment to the owner monthly net revenues
- Collection of applicable Government taxes (GST, PST, MRDT) for owner to remit. Assistance with non-resident tax is also available
Seasonal home owner service
Elite membership is for owners who use their second home in Whistler exclusively for their own enjoyment. We inspect and maintain your property whilst it remains unoccupied and can prepare your home for your arrival so you can focus on relaxing! Monthly inspections ensure the security of your property and are preventative to detect leaks, electrical issues and pests.
Michel Gendreau who heads up our seasonal home owner services, is an experienced manager and maintenance technician in the construction and project management industry. As a resident of Whistler for the past 40 plus years he has managed many of Whistlers hotels, condominiums and housing projects, including the Westin Resort and Spa, Delta Whistler Village Suites, and Montebello. Michel will personally consult with you and design a specific program to ensure your property is well maintained and secure. Michel is also well known for keeping renovation projects on track and on budget all the while ensuring quality workmanship.
Owners will receive the following:
- Consultation with the homeowner to develop a personal maintenance scheduled program
- Monthly property walk-through and inspection, with completed documentation and repair recommendations
- Receipt of delivered goods for your property at our central location
- Consultation to verify scope of work and project management of small or large-scale renovations
- WRPC Standard Services
- The following services available at an additional fee; Management of special projects, Repair of issues found during inspections, placement of delivered goods at the property and pre-arrival services for owner stays; personal concierge for owner’s property set up, supply and delivery of supplies for your stay
Whistler Reception & Property Care offers departure cleans, pre-arrival inspections and deep cleans for nightly rentals and seasonal use homes. Our front desk staff are the direct contact for owners and guests and specifically trained staff handle the inspections, scheduling of cleans and inventories during shoulder seasons. All linens are sent out to be professionally laundered.
MAINTENANCE & RENOVATIONS
Michel Gendreau, our Property Care Manager is an experienced project superintendent in the construction and project management industry. He is well known for keeping renovation projects on track and on budget, while ensuring quality workmanship. General maintenance for your vacation home or rental property includes inspecting and dealing with; leaks, plugged drains, minor damages and heating, electrical or fireplace issues. If you are interested in renovating your property, please refer to our RENOVATION PACKAGES.
GUEST MEET & GREET
Our highly trained staff can greet your guests at your property to provide a more personalized check in and tour of your property.
For owners who require regular payments to be processed on their behalf! We can process payment for last minute guests or taxes, fees and purchases added after payment has been processed.
We can also provide several specialty services for owners and guests including; delivery of gift baskets or amenities, property inspections and meeting and coordination of contractors at property for required work.
“As a previous owner in Glacier Lodge (and council member) and as a rental manger in Whistler for over the past 22 years, (also currently representing property in Glacier Lodge), I highly recommend Whistler Reception Services as a front desk operator."
Whistler Ideal Accommodations
“Thank you so much for all you do. Your prompt and helpful responses to my e-mails or requests are greatly appreciated. You make my job as an owner/manager so much easier and I know my guests are grateful to have such a welcoming and helpful crew to assist them on their arrival in Whistler and during their stay.”
Whistler Town Plaza Suites
After moving from Whistler, I returned to upgrade my unit and am excited to return to nightly rentals, realize parking revenue and know that my property will be cared for, my guests will be greeted personally with smiles, personality and experience. I have known Cheryl Waters for years and have the utmost respect for her. Honesty, experience, passion, drive and energy. Her staff are incredible and I haven’t seen such a “family” dynamic in a work place for a long time. Cheryl creates an atmosphere that promotes loyalty and work ethics that is lacking in most other buildings.
As absentee landlords in Whistler we were always faced with challenges dealing with clients who booked our condo from all over the hemisphere. Since entering an agreement with you folks it's like a huge weight has been lifted from our shoulders and we can know that there is someone on sight who can look after our guests , handle our keys, liase with the cleaners and act for us in the case of the unforeseen. It has been a great experience. Your advice to us has always been on target and we are having the best ever year for rentals and happy guests.
Charles and Jill Ennals