Front Desk Services
Throughout Whistler most Phase I Strata properties have quite a variety of vacation rentals being operated by individuals and several different rental managers within each. Some have front desks operated by a rental manager who only service some of the units, some have ceased operating their front desk and some operate inconsistent hours through a business occupant of the front desk strata lot and do not service guests/tenants or all unit owners of the property.
Phase II properties should have a single operator at their front desk who are obliged to service all unit owners regardless of their how their unit is marketed.
Whistler Reception Services provide unbiased management of Strata Front Desks, which has been proven at Whistler Town Plaza since 2005 and Glacier Lodge & Suites since 2013. We contract our services through the Strata Corporations with costs and incremental revenues incorporated into the Strata budget thus accessible to all unit owners. These properties have the benefits and security that a professionally staffed front desk provides to all owners, guests and tenants of both residential and commercial strata lots. We make the experience at the property pleasant, seamless and consistent!
Reception Management includes:
- Provision of computers and Property Management System
- Secure web-based portal to maintain unit availability and guest reservation data, which automatically notifies housekeeping and private hot tub contractors of reservation dates
- Streamlined communication between the Strata Corporation, owners, property managers, tenants and guests, via phone, email and in person
- Management of property’s key system & secure key storage
- Guest check in and out with full property information and optional credit card pre-authorization for damage deposit
- Coordination with maintenance and housekeeping providers on behalf of owners and guests
- Emergency management
- Optional booking of accommodation at property
- Concierge services to assist guests with a complete vacation experience
- Security presence
Contact Cheryl Waters to learn more about how we can assist!
With Whistler Reception Services operating your front desk, bookings can be captured from walk in guests, filling available condos last minute and producing more owner revenue. We also offer optional programs to assist owners who require help managing their owner direct websites.
- Negotiate and obtain walk in business, based on owner approval and rotated equally amongst units who approve – commission and credit fees apply
- Optional management of owner direct websites at a fee for individual unit owners
Whistler Reception Services offer many concierge services for owners, tenants and guests of the property:
- Book transportation, activities, lift tickets and coordinate restaurant reservations
- Purchase and delivery of groceries, flowers, gift baskets etc
- General information and directions for Whistler and surrounding areas
- Amenities available at a cost; laundry soap, coffee, toilet paper, Kleenex, soaps and shampoos.
- Loaning of items; coffee machines, kettles, irons etc
- Assist with storage of luggage
- Business services at a cost
- Mail and courier delivery receipt and storage
Security and Inspections
With Whistler Reception Services present at your property, you can be assured that:
- On-site security presence during front desk opening hours
- Individual unit inspections at owner request at a cost
- Other services required will be considered and quoted to the Strata Corporation, such as; common area inspections, changing of light bulbs and minor repairs
“Principal, Cheryl Waters and manager Samantha Kiskiras have many combined years of experience in the industry making them a seasoned and reliable "go to team" for the many issues, needs, problems that arise in the day to day operations of a resort property like Whistler Town Plaza.”
LMS 2223 Strata Council President
“I had been looking for a rental property for a while, but had never considered short-term rentals. So, when my realtor, who knows this builidng very well, and who knows me very well, proposed Deer Lodge, I was a bit skeptical as I was afraid of being overwhelmed with organizing lockboxes and emergencies! One of the selling points, my realtor told me, was the seamless check-in through Whistler Receptions Services. I would have no worries regarding the logistics of getting my guests checked in and taking care of other issues in an emergency! Since I bought almost a year ago, I have no regrets. WRS is amazing - they are friendly, organized and as an owner, I feel as if they are looking out for me and my interests. If a guest shows up early, they try to facilitate an early checkin; if the sink is clogged, they arrange for a plumber. "
After moving from Whistler, I returned to upgrade my unit and am excited to return to nightly rentals, realize parking revenue and know that my property will be cared for, my guests will be greeted personally with smiles, personality and experience. I have known Cheryl Waters for years and have the utmost respect for her. Honesty, experience, passion, drive and energy. Her staff are incredible and I haven’t seen such a “family” dynamic in a work place for a long time. Cheryl creates an atmosphere that promotes loyalty and work ethics that is lacking in most other buildings.
As absentee landlords in Whistler we were always faced with challenges dealing with clients who booked our condo from all over the hemisphere. Since entering an agreement with you folks it's like a huge weight has been lifted from our shoulders and we can know that there is someone on sight who can look after our guests , handle our keys, liase with the cleaners and act for us in the case of the unforeseen. It has been a great experience. Your advice to us has always been on target and we are having the best ever year for rentals and happy guests.
Charles and Jill Ennals